SND On Air is designed to be customizable to fit each station's needs and graphics packages. In order to quickly get your content to air in a way that looks great, you can create a template to match your on-air look.
To create templates, first open a new Channel, or select an existing Channel. Then select "+Add New Template".
Below the preview screen, you'll find the different elements of your template: Layout, Post Styles, Background, Backplate, Fonts, Animations and Overlays.
First, select a Layout. You have the option of vertical monitor layouts or horizontal monitor layouts. For vertical layouts, you have stacked options.
For the horizontal monitor options, you have the following:
Stacked (Left, Center or Right alignment)
Single Post (Left, Center or Right alignment)
Lower Third (Left, Center or Right)
Next, select the Post Style that works best for your graphics package. There are three options to choose from. Please note that the shades of blue for each post are compliant with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram's broadcast guidelines, and cannot be changed.
The next step is the Background tab. Here, you'll upload a background or choose an existing background image. Background tips:
- Backgrounds must be 1920x1080 pixels (or 1080x1920 for vertical layouts) - .jpg or .png are accepted, but .png is preferred.
- Be mindful of sponsor image placement (if including it in the background image) to ensure content will not partially or entirely cover it.
- The Green Screen background (default) can be used to key content over talent, video or an existing animation.
Next, select a Backplate or upload your own. There are 2 default backplate options: transparent or none.
- If you're using the Green Screen background, use only the "no backplate" option or upload your own backplate graphic with no transparency. Transparent backplates will cause clipping problems when keyed out.
- Want to create your own backplate? Use a .png file to maintain transparency. Stacked layouts require a 750x1080 pixel image, and Single Post Layouts require a 1000x1080 pixel image.
Now it's time to select a font. There are currently 4 font options in SND On Air: Helvetica, Helvetica Neue, Source Sans Pro and Gotham. These were chosen for clarity and to match most on-air graphics. The "Gotham" font requires a broadcast use license. So be sure you have the rights to use it before selecting it.
The Animations tab allows you to set the auto-rotation speed. You can select from 8.5 seconds or 4.5 seconds. Users can always manually control a playlist as well. For more information on that, click here.
The Overlays tab is optional, and used to upload sponsor logos or banner ads sourced by your traffic system. You can upload these images and move them around your template. This allows you to keep a basic template and change out sponsors, as needed. Keep in mind, your overlay graphics should be created with the understanding that they cannot be resized, and should be designed with display on a 1920x1080 resolution screen.
Name your template and click "Save."
Your station will be able to use this template going forward to quickly pair a playlist with a template and get your content on-air in a snap in any channel you create!