Quick Posts allow you to write as much or as little of a pre-produced post or tweet as you want and then use that template to publish content later on. Often people use Quick Posts to format breaking news or sports score templates. It takes some of the work out of publishing urgent and/or frequent updates.
Here's how you do it:
- Write as much of the post as you can. Obviously there will be bits of information that you can't fill in until you're ready to post. If any of that missing information is text, you can drop in some dummy text to fill the space.
- Attach any links or images that you want to go out with the post.
- Add target accounts to the post. (Or don't, depending on what you need the Quick Post to accomplish.)
- Click "Save As" at the bottom of the Create a Post input area:
- Now choose "Quick Post" and you're presented with an interface that lets you name the template and choose whether you want to save this quick post for your own use, or make it available to everyone in your newsroom.
To access your saved Quick Posts, click on the paper airplane at the top left of your Create a Post screen:
Check out this short video to get a step-by-step walkthrough of the Quick Post feature: